Montag, 29. September 2014

Day 3 - Ground Zero (Hanna)


Short Video of Hanna at the 9/11 Memorial in New York City.
                                                           
                                                                   Click to watch the video

The day began like every other befor.
But I was very exited to this day because it was my birthday! After a little breakfast we got some hours to discover the City by ourselfs in litzle groups.
We went with the Subway to Soho. At the beginning we had sone problems with the ticket machine but in the end every one got a ticket. We saw nuch of the New York daily life because it was the rush hour. The Subway was full and on the streets every one was on the way to work or shopping. Later back at the hostel wa hadn't much time to have a break or something because the plan was to go to the Ground Zero. From wide away we already saw the new World Trade Center. It was so big and huge. But when we got near to the Ground Zero Memorial the mood of the whole group turned very seriously because of the reason that this Place is such a sad one. When I saw the many roses on the graved names from the victims from 9/11 I felt very sad. First I thought it hasn't a real meaning but the rose shows that this person would have had his birthday at this day. I was shocked because I can celebrate my birthday with cacke and get presents and come together with my family and friends but they can't. They never get this chance again. That was a moment of sadness and also when I don't have a personal conection with this place because it happend when I was to young to recordnise it it very toched me. The day went on and I got later in the afternoon so we slowly started our way to the Empire State Building. I was so excited to have such a nice view over the whole city. And I mean in the end it was so fantastic and better than I've ever imagined. To stand there and look down to the city was such an unforgatteble moment in my life. We were there at time of sunset and the sky was so beautiful cllored in pink, orange and red. We were there until the sky turned black and the night began. All lights of the city shindes so bright and beautiful and there was no dark place. At the end the group had a surprise for me. The have sung for me a german birthday song also of it wasn't allowed to sing and I got a I love NY - T-shirt were all names from all school mates who came to the US. This day was so wonderful and filled up with exciting moments I'll never forget but as well I felt very tired. So now to walk back to the hostel even if it only took 20 minutes I and my friends took a taxi. We felt a little bit like in Sex and the City to stand at the street and surching for one but it was funny! All in all the day began fantastic and ended fantastic, what is needed more?


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen